YAA POLICY: FACILITY CLOSING; PAGE E 1;
APPROVED: OCTOBER 18, 2011; Revised July 16, 2013
- The following policy applies to the closing of the YAA during holidays:
- New Year’s Day (if New Year’s Day falls on a Sunday, then the closure is Monday; if New Year’s Day falls on a Saturday, then the closure is Friday)
- Memorial Day
- July 4th (if July 4th falls on a Sunday, then the closure is Monday; if July 4th falls on a Saturday, then the closure is Friday)
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day plus the following Friday
- Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day (if Christmas falls on a Sunday, then the Friday before and the Monday after; if Christmas falls on a Saturday, then the Friday before and the Monday after)
- The YAA and Gallery will be open on Sunday from 2:00 to 4:00 pm for Exhibit Opening Receptions. Thereafter, it will be open from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm on Saturdays when there is an exhibit in progress unless the holiday(s) fall on that Saturday.
- Closure of the YAA due to inclement weather or an emergency:
- During the week when the school year is in session, the YAA closes when York Suburban cancels school. YAA does not close if the district has a delay.
- During week-ends and when York Suburban is not in session, then the instructor determines whether or not to cancel and is responsible for notifying students by phone or e-mail.