YAA POLICY: ARTIST GUIDELINES; PAGES B 1- 2;
APPROVED: NOVEMBER 15, 2011; Revised July 16, 2013
YAA ARTIST GUIDELINES
The following guidelines contain important information for those wishing to show their work at YAA:
- Any non-professional artist who wins 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in three judged/juried shows shall be considered a professional artist in future YAA shows. Honorable mention will no longer count toward this credential. If you are now considered professional, but do not meet these criteria, you have the choice of either being grandfathered in, or changing your status back to the non-professional category by contacting York Art Association.
- Artists who regularly sell and exhibit their work may choose to compete within the Professional category, regardless of the awards they have won.
- New members may choose the category in which they would like to exhibit, until they win three first, second or third place awards in YAA exhibits, at which time they must use the Professional designation.
- With 450 members and limited space, we will not accept work brought in early. If you cannot be there on any of the intake or pick up days, please make arrangements for a friend or relative to bring in and/or pick up your paintings.
- Paintings must be on the premises in order to be signed in. Please do not ask any of our Intake Volunteers to sign you in before the work has been delivered.
- All paintings must be wired for hanging. Saw tooth hangers are not allowed.
- Pick up dates are usually one hour after the close of the show, and the following day. Please note: Any work that is not retrieved by the last pick up day is not covered by YAA insurance. YAA will not be held responsible for any damage to work that is not picked up.
- Unless otherwise noted, size limitations are 48” wide by 60” high, including the frame.
- The Rottler Award Selection Exhibit will be held every other year (odd years) and the Rottler Award Recipients’ Group Exhibit will be in the even years. Rottler Award Recipients will not be eligible to receive the award again. There will be two categories for the Rottler Award: Professional and Non-Professional. Three awards will be given in the Professional Category and two in the Non-Professional Category.
- Exceptions to these guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Gallery Committee.